SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Sainsbury's tannoy
hillsideresident

07-12-2012 05:49 PM

What is it with Sainsbury's and their tannoy? Are they trying to drive us all out into the street?

As if the drivel of the chirpy girlie reading out their vapid spiel at five minute intervals is not enough, now we are expected to endure their idea of "Christmas" songs, not one of which so far has had a thing to do with Christmas. It wouldn't be so bad if there were a few carols. Not heard one. Perhaps they’re not appropriate at Christmas? Perhaps they might offend Dawkins's drones?

Yuk. However, there may be a solution. Apparently Waitrose do not do muzak. Is this true? If it is, I will return in the New Year.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rbmartin

08-12-2012 09:31 PM

Friday, popped into Sainsburys FH. Pumping out Christmas hits at full blast.

Saturday, took a trip to Sainsburys Dulwich. No festive music at all!

Theotherbrian

09-12-2012 10:08 AM

A couple of years ago I sent a Scrooge like email to Sainsbury's complaining about their imposition of piped dross over the tannoy. They replied in the usual complacent corporate delusional manner about how people liked it! We I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't. What really annoys me is I am handing over my hard-earned money and resent being force fed rehashes of Phil Spector's Christmas hits - "Frosty the ******* Snowman"!!! Solution? I go to Waitrose where you are not treated like this or I take my iPod. On a brighter note, I usually go to Dog Kennel Hill Sainsbury's and yesterday at 10.00 it was blissfully quiet.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields