SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Which e-reader?
MightyMouse

20-11-2012 06:56 PM

I've got the bog-standard £69 Kindle, as I don't often want to read in the dark. I love it - I thought I'd lost it last week and was ready to immediately buy another (luckily I'd just left it at work).

I don't really have any cons, except that I kind of wish they opened like a book and had two sides so I didn't have to "turn the pages" so often! And of course because you have to pay full price for the books it's way more expensive than my old habit of buying second hand.

But the joy of having a huge selection of books with me all the time is a massive plus point. I used to travel a lot with work, so it was great to only have to pack the Kindle and not worry about taking a few books away. Likewise, if a book turns out to be rubbish I've got others to switch to immediately. I find reading on it absolutely fine - and the rudimentary browser saved my skin on holiday last year when my laptop got poorly and the Kindle browser helped me find the solution...

Yes, it would be great if you could 'lend' the books (maybe have it inaccessible from your Kindle for a period whilst it is lent to your friend), but I see that Amazon have started doing a lending library type thing (not the same as lending books to your mates, but clearly a development in the technology), and it would be wonderful if publishers stopped seeing it as a massive cash cow, but these are all generic e-reader issues, I think, rather than limited to a specific brand.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Which e-reader? - Sibelius - 20-11-2012, 11:53 AM
RE: Which e-reader? - rshdunlop - 20-11-2012, 01:29 PM
RE: Which e-reader? - Sibelius - 20-11-2012, 01:45 PM
RE: Which e-reader? - MightyMouse - 20-11-2012 06:56 PM
RE: Which e-reader? - Sibelius - 21-11-2012, 11:44 AM
RE: Which e-reader? - AMFM - 21-11-2012, 12:33 PM