SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Mobile Service - on the train
theirpuppet

19-11-2012 03:53 PM

This has probably been discussed many times, but I couldn't find any such posts...

I'm with 3 and have practically no service on the train between Honor Oak Park station and New Cross Gate. I'm wondering if everyone else suffers the same and also if there is a provider that does have decent service along this train line?

Obviously the location of the cell towers and the fact that the tracks are basically in a valley surrounded by residential housing will kill reception. But since we're unlikely to get wifi on-board in the next 2000 years, it would be nice if at least one mobile operator had a viable option for commuters.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
poolsneighbour

19-11-2012 04:05 PM

Yes..same here. Im with Orange, or EE..whatever it is now. Very annoying indeed!

Londondrz

19-11-2012 04:18 PM

Just enjoy the 20 seconds or so of silence. You must have a mighty important job if this causes an issueLaugh

BTW, there is a tiny little black hole of non service between HOP and Brockley. It's quite well known by regular train users.

I just plan my mobile gossip sessions around it.

theirpuppet

19-11-2012 05:33 PM

No, it's the lack of data connection that I hate. [/i]

rbmartin

19-11-2012 10:40 PM

I'm on Virgin Mobile which also uses EE's network. I've found the problem is more of an issue northbound between north of HOP and New Cross Gate than in the southbound direction where it's mainly faultless bar a drop as you pull out of NXG.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields