SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Driving Forest Hill to Hounslow
localmum

17-12-2012 09:31 PM

I do this drive a lot - got so fed up with driving over bridges and through west london, and the south circular in particular Wandsworth and East Sheen that I found a new route. It's not all that quick at time but at least you feel you're moving.

I go through Crystal Palace, down to Streatham - but turn right at Valley Road, off Streatham Common, then left into Gleneldon Road which brings you directly opposite the one way system to go round onto Tooting Bec Rd. I then take a left somewhere like Fransican Rd, to avoid Tooting High St - then do a right and go straight across into Garratt Lane. All the way down here past Earlsfield station until you reach Kimber Rd then rights and lefts to get onto the Kingston Rd (A214/A3). This is then fast going out of town, becomes a dual carriage way. At first lights turn right, then left at Clarence Lane - then the best bit of this drive is you turn left at Priory Lane and get to drive through Richmond Park - beautiful! You can then easily get through to the Chertsey Road and cut through to wherever you need to get to in Hounslow.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Driving Forest Hill to Hounslow - Katy10 - 14-11-2012, 05:27 PM
RE: Driving Forest Hill to Hounslow - Bcm - 14-11-2012, 10:11 PM
RE: Driving Forest Hill to Hounslow - Les - 15-11-2012, 08:30 PM
RE: Driving Forest Hill to Hounslow - SEN - 17-11-2012, 10:08 AM
RE: Driving Forest Hill to Hounslow - localmum - 17-12-2012 09:31 PM