SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Nuisance Text Messages
michael

08-11-2012 03:18 PM

I got woken at 5:30am with a text message telling me I'm owed £3350 from PPI and asking me to go to a website or opt out by texting them back.
Obviously I don't fall for such stupid trick, but nor do I like being woken at 5:30am with spam texts.

So I Googled and took a small amount of action that may just help a little to reduce the problem for others.

http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_the_public/top...texts.aspx

Quote:
How can I stop receiving messages from these organisations?

You can report them to your network operator, who may be able to prevent further spam from the originating number. Unfortunately as the numbers often change, your network provider cannot guarantee to stop all unsolicited messages. You can either contact your network operator’s customer services, or forward spam text messages to 7726 (If you are a Vodafone user, forward to 87726 instead).

You should include the sender's number so that they can be stopped from sending further messages (although they have probably moved on to another stolen sim card or whatever).

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Snazy

08-11-2012 05:23 PM

Very helpful, thanks.
Strange that we are both owed identical amounts Confused
Maybe its based on name, or letters in your name? lol

nottinghillbilly

08-11-2012 08:08 PM

I've had endless texts from them quoting the selfsame amount.Laugh

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields