SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Old Midland Bank Site, Dartmouth Road
Mr_Numbers

05-11-2012 03:10 PM

Earlier today I got confused about what 'the old bank' was. I didn't realise it was in HOP but the website administrator set me right.

But it got me thinking: how long has the old Midland Bank site, the one on Dartmouth Road between the Job Centre and the Sylvan Post been empty? Is it as much as 10 years? Does anyone know if the property is still fit and being maintained or is it falling apart through neglect and damp, etc?

Is there anything that can be done to encourage someone to take it on? It seems such a waste and a blight on the street.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
blushingsnail

05-11-2012 03:54 PM

From what I've been told, someone who lives locally has owned it for years and either intends to use it, or is using it, but not for an enterprise that is open to the public. Which doesn't tell you much other than it's not derelict.

poolsneighbour

05-11-2012 04:01 PM

From what I have seen on previous posts..the guy does some kind of jewellery making workshops there or something..

Mr_Numbers

05-11-2012 04:21 PM

Really! Never would have guessed. Well, at least, as you say, it's not derelict. Thank you for the info.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields