SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (7): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Next > Last »
63 Honor Oak Park (ex White Wood Shop)
Tersie

22-11-2012 08:49 AM

Would be a perfect unit for The Butchery Ltd!! Just what the parade needs. Ask Sebastian Roche as they will be renting the unit out if they cannot extend into it.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hoona

22-11-2012 09:23 AM

That's so maddening!! It would have been amazing as a butchers and I would have been down there all the time! So sorry you didn't get it.

Cheeky

22-11-2012 09:42 AM

Keep trying Butchery people, if it's been declined then it needs to be something, money is going down the drain at the moment surely

It's such a shame what is happening on the parade at the moment, it looks so sad with all these emplty shops but it has great potential in my opinion and many others it would seem

This post was last modified: 22-11-2012 09:43 AM by Cheeky.

BarCar

22-11-2012 09:59 AM

Oh well done Cantel Investments. #Slow hand clap#. Very well done.

How about you talk to the local community about what we need and will support in your units? You never know, it could be beneficial to you and not a whole lot more effort for you?

Tinkerbell

22-11-2012 10:26 AM

Good luck TheButchery Ltd, hope you'll be a great success in Forest Hill. Our loss - you would have made a great addition to HOP.

Cheeky

22-11-2012 10:34 AM

Boooo, so basically this equates to nothing but another 3 months wait for anything just to start to happen, in the meantime, empty boarded up shops Sad

lacb

22-11-2012 10:50 AM

Oh how frustrating. I wish the Butchery Ltd every success in Forest Hill. While we will no doubt visit there on occasion, we would have been regular customers at the Honor Oak location.

star

22-11-2012 01:11 PM

Wow, we have really missed out. I would have loved to have a butchers round the corner and would have used it frequently. Having said that, I will also pop down to Forest Hill in December to check out the butchers!

redrobert

22-11-2012 03:16 PM

Just so everyone is aware

1) the unit is too small for a retail unit according to some ventures that were interested in it - we have had enquiries but come to nought - we welcome any interest?

2) we have at no time ever been approached by the butchers in regards to that unit

3) the window will be replaced over the next few weeks

4). The facade and look of the shop will be kept as close to in keeping with the parade- as can be seen by the great expense of renewing the masonry that was damaged in the past

5) there seems some misconception that we are not trying to enhance the parade - when we arrived we pushed hard to create a more vibrant parade that was full of second hand junk shops - closed shops used as fronts for offices / other shops etc including a bathroom shop that did not open. A solicitors that did not open. A builder using a unit as storage and and architects again never open as well as a print shop which again was not for walk past trade

The landlord also with the help of lewisham council pushed through the planning to get many of the empty shop units ( left empty for years by the then landlord to obviously help hi cause ) be converted back to residential use - losing potential new shop tenants which seems to have the knock on affect that the parade is very different to what it was 30/40/50 years ago and what it could have the potential to be now

We pushed for a relaxation of our restrictive covenants and an obstructive anti drink landlord to help with restaurants, bars and delis

We want a vibrant parade and felt that if we opened next door that hopefully we would enhance it not add to a short term fix

Rob

Cheeky

23-11-2012 12:23 PM

Fair words from Robert there I reckon; good to keep local people in the loop. I often walk past those flats and think what a shame it was they were converted.

Would be interesting to know who The Butchery Ltd was acually talking to then? It's such a shame when really good tenants (in terms of improving options on the street) are interested in moving in and are turned away for whatever reason, set up shop elsewhere and go on to be a success. I fear Honor Oak Park will forever be a place of missed opportunities, didn't I hear somewhere about a restaurant wanting to take on The Old Bank but was scared off by the high rent, went to Bellenden road and now do a roaring trade? Can someone confirm if it was a place called The Begging Bowl?

lacb

23-11-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:
Would be interesting to know who The Butchery Ltd was acually talking to then?

I suspect it was Cantel Investments or their agent, though it would be nice to have confirmation of that. They certainly limited the size of the premises (see DC/12/81152/X) and all this has probably increased the let/sq m anyway as I suspect that Sebastian Roche are seeking to sub-let?

Good news re the replacement window. Having a broken window, with brick still in view, can hardly have helped market the place. Just sends a big signal that the landlord doesn't care IMO.

Re the Old Bank, there have been many such rumours but unless a prospective tenant actually makes an offer then I don't think that it is an expression of interest. The landlord probably never realises there has been an enquiry even.

hoona

23-11-2012 02:45 PM

Yes I can confirm it was the Begging Bowl. They asked about the old bank around a year ago but rents too high given the condition of the place.

redrobert

23-11-2012 03:48 PM

Can you let me know when you came into the office?

Rob

Cheeky

23-11-2012 03:56 PM

Look at what we could have won:

http://www.standard.co.uk/goingout/resta...12622.html

Interesting comment The Butchery Ltd

I watched a program last night about how social media is more effective in bringing news to the masses than actual news channels etc are these days.

I'd have used the butchers for sure

Interesting also that they would be going for that site in the knowledge that a Sainsburys local was on the horizon just next door. A company with the foresight not to conform to the 'it'll kill the highstreet' brigades way of thinking. Clever people.

But I guess that's another thread.

daveherne

23-11-2012 08:30 PM

I think we need to give seb roch a break here. Sounds to me that only a matter of time before the unit finds a good use and also the old bank.

HOP seems to be getting busier every week, potential for new business must be improving. Also, does anyone have any update on sainsbury's work, that will help a lot once it starts to encourage people to make offers on open units.

Dave.

Tinkerbell

23-11-2012 10:45 PM

Umm..do we live in the same HOP, daveherne?

star

25-11-2012 10:24 PM

I agree Dave. Our parade is getting busier and it is great. Fingers crossed that Sainsburys will open soon and we will get some new people in the woodshop and the old bank. See some of you for late night shopping in the run up to Xmas!

Cheeky

28-11-2012 10:28 AM

...watch out for the crowds!!!! Blink

hoona

28-11-2012 01:28 PM

Glad the window will be replaced soon! Hope everyone can also make it to the late night opening on Thurs and support our local businesses in HOP.

Bcm

04-12-2012 11:08 AM

New window is now in and looking good.

Pages (7): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Next > Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Sad demise of the car park kebab shop Erekose 27 26,848 05-09-2014 12:54 PM
Last Post: Erekose
  New shop/business on Wood Vale? ladywotlunches 0 3,234 20-06-2013 10:42 AM