SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Looking for Italian people
icb

17-10-2012 02:36 PM

Hi,

My mum has recently moved over here from Italy, she doesn't speak English and would love to meet other italians of a similar age (she is 75) who live in the area for a chat and a coffee.

Please message me to arrange.

Many thanks

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
james wilcox

17-10-2012 07:57 PM

I can't help directly as I'm not Italian, but there's that Italian restaurant in HOP run by some very nice Sardinians. That may be a good place to start.

lacb

18-10-2012 08:44 AM

Yes agreed, try Le Querce. Also frequented by lots of Italians.

icb

19-10-2012 11:43 AM

Thanks for your replies.

I will give that a shot but if anybody is italian and reads this I would be most grateful if you got in touch.

Tinkerbell

19-10-2012 04:06 PM

Hi,
Not sure if your mum is religious or not, but an Italian friend of mine used to go to the (Catholic) Italian Church in London. It's in Central London, but she may well meet quite a few people in her age group there, so might be worth a visit? http://www.italianchurch.org.uk/
There is also a website called Italians of London, they regulaly organise get togethers and large Italian gatherings in bars and restaurants, but for younger people, so not really suitable for her.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields