SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Does FH Soc want more affordable houses?
BarCar

12-02-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:
Not quite sure what your point is, BarCar

lacb has interpreted my point pretty much exactly and elaborated earlier in this thread when they also said:

Quote:
If however, you can put your ideas across in a more accessible form, why not start your own society and see how you get on?

This thread is, to me, about as inaccessible as it gets. I think the participation levels in the discussion are probably indicative that I am not alone in forming that opinion.

You asked:

Quote:
do you have a view on whether you want more affordable housing?

I would agree that more affordable housing is desirable in principle but I'm not arrogant enough to presume that my personal opinion will have a significant influence on policy.

Since local amenity societies are self-selecting and volunteer in nature I think it's unrealistic to expect them to operate on the more strategic level you seem to think they should. That's not to say that they shouldn't I just can't see it happening since many of us are time- poor.

We are all, of course, free to stand for election to the FHSoc board to persuade it's members of the need to think more strategically.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Does FH Soc want more affordable houses? - BarCar - 12-02-2013 11:22 PM