SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Does FH Soc want more affordable houses?
Tim Lund

13-11-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Quote:
The Forest Hill Society was established in May 2006

a) to stimulate public interest and to promote civic pride in and around Forest Hill
b) to promote high standards of planning, architecture, sustainability and services
c) to secure the conservation and enhancement of amenities and features of public interest, and
d) has a policy of inclusion and equality of opportunity within the Society

So the answer to the question is, from my reading of the FHS constitution, neither "yes" nor "no". I don't see why the FHS should be forced to take a position one way or the other since the question lies outside, or at best on the periphery of, its aims.

Well, on (b) I'd suggest that if planning policies mean we don't end up with the built environment people need, and one that is in particular unsustainable for young people, then the question of affordable housing should be part of the FH Soc remit.

The point about CIL and the Localism Act is relevant to ( c) - well planned development should bring in funding for enhancements to amenities. So another reason the FH Soc should have a positive view on higher densities.

On d), there may well be equality of opportunity within the Society, but is FH Soc is to act for the whole area rather than just for its members' interests, it should ask itself if it provided equal opportunity for future generations and current renters.

This post was last modified: 13-11-2012 07:49 PM by Tim Lund.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Does FH Soc want more affordable houses? - Tim Lund - 13-11-2012 07:48 PM