SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Does FH Soc want more affordable houses?
michael

09-11-2012 12:38 PM

There is of course nothing I can say that will satisfy Tim. He has his agenda which includes encouraging us to split up our houses and live in smaller units, and where possible to rebuild old houses with new low-rise blocks of flats.

Michael wrote:
By targeting existing residential you are either expecting existing home owners to buy into this scheme to split up their homes, or you are expecting streets to be bought up by developers for systematic redevelopment.

Tim wrote:
Both, to some extent.

Michael wrote:
I don't think is the solution is bulldozing streets in Forest Hill

Tim wrote:
Please, Michael, get a grip.

There is also clearly a dissatisfaction with any involvement by amenity societies, although I have yet to see a single example provided by Tim of an objection by the Forest Hill Society that was not (in his opinion) appropriate to the site we were referring to.

I think I have provided plenty of answers on my personal views on the various ways housing (and employment) can be expanded in Forest Hill and across London. But with the only retorts repeated time and again being 'nonsense', 'wishful thinking', deliberately confusing issues, or debating tactics of some type, I am no longer prepared to continue this dialogue with Tim. Some people may think that I should have taken that decision a while ago, like the original post on this thread, but I generally welcome public discussion of such issues even when started in such a provocative manner.

I hope others on the forum will forgive me for now withdrawing from this thread and other threads of a similar non-specific nature on housing with Tim.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Does FH Soc want more affordable houses? - michael - 09-11-2012 12:38 PM