SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Does FH Soc want more affordable houses?
jgdoherty

23-10-2012 10:47 AM

I am sure that it is not michael's intention to propose a single option study and it is far from certain that building in real brown field sites is the best or only way way to significantly increase housing provision in the capital, especially if you look at some of the wider issues.

Of course there are some excellent proposals in the pipeline and underway and not just in Greenwich.

http://www.nineelmslondon.com/category/area

It would help us understand more that where we have sight of the national level of un-occupied housing numbers. if it were possible that these numbers could be dis-aggregated to a more local level.

If we were then to find that there were say some 2000+ (or whatever) unoccupied properties in our borough - our position would be significantly improved and we potentially could target efforts toward activities that would bring more improvements in the shorter term.

Of course any such conclusion will rightly be seen as premature at this stage - but certainly is worthy of consideration.

And thank you to blushingsnail for the clarification - I spotted it as I was drafting this.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Does FH Soc want more affordable houses? - jgdoherty - 23-10-2012 10:47 AM