SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Does FH Soc want more affordable houses?
michael

23-10-2012 09:36 AM

Tim wrote:
Only "Mr" when Michael allows himself to be annoyed.

Actually only when it fits with a quote from Mr Potato Head. I can't really use Mr for him and not for Mr Lund, not that his name is really Potato Head, it was just me being too lazy to look up the name of the head of the potato council.

Tim wrote:
...so requiring me to spell out my position at maybe unwarranted essay length.

Well not really. I accept that mathematically 'higher density' can mean a single additional floor, rather than 10 of them, but I don't think that was ever explicit from your previous posts. But I also regard an 'unwarranted essay' as being a little more than three paragraphs. Clearly there is a certain amount of subjectivity when using such terms.

Codrington Brill wrote:
If you use all the brownfield sites for residential, won't it be a bit of a waste. Bear in mind the government is trying to make it permitted to change of use from business to residential, we're going to end up with dormitory suburbs.

I would point to developments like http://www.greenwichpeninsula.co.uk/ which provides as many homes as Forest Hill and significantly more jobs. Not all brown field sites are as well located as North Greenwich, but we have some way to go before the banks of the Thames are as densely populated as the suburbs of London.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Does FH Soc want more affordable houses? - michael - 23-10-2012 09:36 AM