SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Does FH Soc want more affordable houses?
michael

22-10-2012 12:07 PM

I can never remember how to post videos so I made a note of it here.

So according to your system rich people with lots of spare cash can choose whether or not to convert their homes into multiple occupancy. This can happen already but few people choose to do it because most people like their homes, don't want to share their space with others, and would find it easier to buy (on a mortgage) a second property to convert. Most conversions of this nature are done by professional/semi-professional individuals/companies, and in terms of build quality this is probably for the best.

It is entirely right that amenity societies consider the impact on the future residents of the quality of any conversion, and the wider impact on the neighbours. When developments only impact one or two neighbours I hope amenity societies can give sensible advice to residents on how to object, even if the amenity society do not object themselves.

With the demolition of large amounts of existing housing across Forest Hill do you have any preference for which streets should be demolished to make way for the Lund Estates?
Once more I'll suggest that the there is plenty of empty spaces in and around London where this can be done cheaper and with less disruption.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Does FH Soc want more affordable houses? - michael - 22-10-2012 12:07 PM