SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Missing Cat
matt2

11-10-2012 09:06 PM

Our lovely tortoise shell and white cat, called Goldie, has not been home, to Ackroyd Road, since Tuesday evening. She is very affectionate and friendly and may have just 'moved in' with someone else. But she is very much missed by us and our daughters and her own two kittens! Or she's got stuck somewhere - please check your gardens and sheds. If you have any news of her whereabouts, please let us know.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
matt2

12-10-2012 04:11 PM

Thanks for reading the post. Unfortunately we had some bad news in response to the posters we put up. Someone called to say that they found her run over late on Tuesday evening. All very sad, but it's better to know than keep wondering where she is.

marianne

12-10-2012 05:40 PM

So sad to hear that - she was a beauty, but as you say, better to know what happened.

Poppy9560

12-10-2012 09:04 PM

my condolences Sad

Littlebelka

12-10-2012 09:15 PM

Poor cat

Queenofdarts

12-10-2012 11:03 PM

Sorry to read this. She was so pretty Sad Keep the kittens safe away from the road if you can...

sandybaby

13-10-2012 07:27 AM

Very sad news Sad

Littlebelka

14-10-2012 02:48 PM

how old are the kittens?

Tinkerbell

14-10-2012 05:44 PM

Hi Matt2,

I'm so sorry to hear that - I think Goldie was one of the three really lovely cats that used to come and spend time in my garden in Gabriel Street quite a bit, before I moved to Garthorne. Our gardens were adjoining.

I enjoyed the visits from your cats so much, that I got a rescue cat from Ceilia Hammond when I moved to the new house (William, black and white medium long hair with huge appetite)

Goldie was a lovely cat, probably the least shy of the three. I've attached a pic of two of them cheekily spying across the fence. Have a few more of them lounging on my garden bench (they used to love that garden bench Smile, plus the little white one was always sitting somewhere in the lavender bush) if you'd like me to send the pics to you let me know!

Hope the kittens are alright.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

matt2

14-10-2012 06:20 PM

Tinkerbell, we absolutely love the photo and would really like any others that you have. It really cheered us up. Thank you!

Goldie was pregnant and only a year old when we took her in about 2 years ago. She had 6 kittens, we gave 4 away to friends and kept the other 2. She was a really special and friendly, funny cat. We tried not to let her out the front of the house, but she always managed to find her way around from the back. We had no idea that she ever went anywhere near the main road. Although it's very sad that she's no longer with us, it was lovely that we had her for the short time we did.

Thank you for the messages.

Littlebelka

14-10-2012 07:49 PM

very beautiful photo. Thanks Tinkerbell.

nottinghillbilly

14-10-2012 08:37 PM

Such sad news.
As a cat owner and cat lover posts like this break my heart.

Tinkerbell

15-10-2012 08:10 AM

Hi,
Yes, of course, happy to send the pics to you. I don't think I can attach them to a PM though, do you want to send me an email address? Otherwise I can only attach them here to a post.

Really sad news, but at least she had a happy cat-life.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields