SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
A205 Diverted Traffic Thurs 11/10/12
Erekose

11-10-2012 08:15 AM

Anyone know where the accident was this morning on the South Circ? It seems to have been shut between Catford and F/H which must have caused absolute traffic chaos.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Seahorse

11-10-2012 08:35 AM

It was on the junction with Cranston Road and Brockley Rise - it appeared to be an accident involving a car and a motorbike.

rshdunlop

11-10-2012 09:11 AM

Has it been cleared yet? I'm heading towards Stanstead Road soon.

Snazy

11-10-2012 11:36 AM

Was clear by about 10.30, im assuming life threatening injuries if not a fatality given the extent of the road closure. Seems a Jag collected a car on the front. Bike heading towards Catford, Jag appeared to be turning into Brockley Rise.

As for the diversions, the driving people were doing on residential and school roads was disgusting! Cursing They should be ashamed of themselves.

rshdunlop

11-10-2012 11:49 AM

People do get quite irrational when their morning commute is disrupted. I was on Sunderland Road heading towards the South Circ this morning at about 7:10am when it was all kicking off and needed to do a U-Turn. There was a gap in the long line of cars heading away down Sunderland, so I took my opportunity. I hadn't quite completed my manoeuvre when a woman coming from the South Circ decided to drive around me as I was doing the reversing bit rather than wait ten seconds until I was done. She skimmed my front bumper by inches and gave me a very dirty look for daring to obstruct the road. Needless to say I had caught up with her moments later and she had the pleasure of my grinning face in her rear view mirror as we inched down the road behind a large Tescos lorry going very slowly over the humps.

Snazy

11-10-2012 12:15 PM

Sunderland was horrific by about 8am, people over taking one another, thumping over the speed humps.
I can still remember before the humps went in, years ago as a child, and hearing an accident on Sunderland from Church Rise, still makes me cringe.

I dont get why these people feel the need to behave like this, it takes seconds, if even that off their journey times, whats the point. Confused

rshdunlop

11-10-2012 01:04 PM

Why do they do it? Because they are idiots. I saw a car overtake another car turning right into Mayow Road by the mini roundabout the other day. The car in front started to turn, the car behind overtook from the outside by driving over the roundabout and entered Mayow Road on the wrong side of the road. I found it quite hard to continue driving with my jaw clanging on my steering wheel. Meanwhile, I am regularly woken by the sound of undercarriages hitting the hump outside my bedroom window.

Snazy

11-10-2012 01:15 PM

That's just stupid isn't it! I really do wish they would not do this. I almost got taken out the other day crossing Church Rise by a Smart Car (not so smart driver) over taking without checking.

Would really love a speed check to be done one morning. The cars zig zagging down CR would sure be in for a shock.

Back to the accident though, I have not read anything yet about it, but hope its not a loss of life.

thea

11-10-2012 02:27 PM

There were two seperate incidents on Cranston this morning. A woman managed to flip her car over on it's side but she was fine.

A motorbike sadly collided with a Jag. The driver of the jag is ok but sadly the motorcylist died.

Sherwood

11-10-2012 04:36 PM

The motorcycle appeared to me to be bent double.

I was only giving a quick glance as I hurried to catch the overground as there were no buses running.

Erekose

11-10-2012 06:46 PM
IWereAbsolutelyFuming

11-10-2012 07:05 PM

Hopefully not a fatality then, if the news shopper link is anything to go by.

Erekose

11-10-2012 07:08 PM

Always trust the News Shopper you can hrmmm?

rshdunlop

11-10-2012 07:11 PM

The Newshopper article says the accident happened at 4:15am. I wonder why it took so long to clear the road.

Snazy

12-10-2012 08:26 AM

Maybe the first of the 2 incidents happened at that time?
As for the time taken to clear the scene. For a fatality or life threatening injuries, a full investivation is made, and the road would remain shut to preserve evidence.
Given that it gets light by about 7am, they may have decided that waiting for natural daylight was the best option for lighting the scene.

Many explainations really, but betting Cranston happened first, then the bike vs car later on.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Diverted traffic 13th October kappacino 4 5,074 14-10-2012 09:01 PM
Last Post: nottinghillbilly