SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Car Window Smashed on Devonshire Road
yomster

04-10-2012 08:55 PM

Just to say that some lunatic smashed the window of my car and stole some electronics from the glove compartment.

It was parked in front of my neighbours on Devonshire Road. I'm furious...

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lacb

05-10-2012 09:26 AM

Oh no - more crime. Sorry to hear about that yomster.

This site makes interesting reading:
http://maps.met.police.uk/

It does seem to back up an anecdotal impression that crime has increased recently. I was looking specifically at the Forest Hill ward.

poolsneighbour

05-10-2012 11:28 AM

Wow..that is quite worrying. If you click on the FH ward..the crime has skyrocketed! Double in August than of July!

lacb

05-10-2012 11:56 AM

Not quite double. I was fooled by this at first - a consequence of labelling the Y-axis starting at roughly 70 rather than zero.

Still a significant upward trend over the three months reported on.

john-f

05-10-2012 09:54 PM

My car window was smashed as well about ten days ago. Police said that there were five reports of broken car windows that same night and that it was likely to be same person.

yomster

09-10-2012 08:33 AM

After years of very little hassle, we have several in a few weeks! The police didn't even bother sending anyone round.

john-f

11-10-2012 06:57 PM

Sorry but the police did come around to take notes, very soon after I realised that the car window had been smashed. I have to admit I was a little surprised but I think this might be something to do with a new policy set by the new Commissioner, Bernard Hogan-Howe (that all victims are visited by an officer).
Even more surprising was that two more officers came back the day after to update me and give me the crime reference number.
So I have to say I was pleasently surpirsed at the police's attitutde, considering that in the past, when I have had the garden broken into and my bike nicked, I heard nothing.

Tersie

20-10-2012 04:11 PM

The window smasher strikes again! My car was parked on Agnew Road last night. Went to collect my car this afternoon and the back passenger window was smashed. I had an old laptop, a bottle of wine and some tools in the boot and books, but nothing was taken, they just went thorough my glovebox. Really annoying and expensive to sort out. Have not contacted the police as yet.

yomster

31-10-2012 10:17 AM

That's an absolute a***! I can't believe this keeps on happening.

I received a letter from the Police dated 22nd Oct, claiming they hav arrested someone in relation to several motor vehicle offences, including mine.

I'm slightly worried that this may be a plea bargaining situation where a crook owns up to several crimes in exchange for a good word from the police prior to sentencing.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Smashed shop windows London Road nottinghillbilly 4 6,006 17-01-2017 03:36 PM
Last Post: humbolt
  Devonshire Road - suspect window cleaners? Pico 0 2,928 19-03-2016 10:53 AM
Last Post: Pico
  Boots window smashed dartmouth 2 4,957 07-02-2011 10:03 PM
Last Post: dbp2010