SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Topic Closed  Post Topic 
Totally Locally Forest Hill
bcards

19-09-2012 11:32 AM

Just wanted to let everyone know about the fantastic new Campaign TOTALLY LOCALLY FOREST HILL, which is being launched this Saturday at the Pools Grand Opening and all around Forest Hill. They'll be unmissable £5 offers from local businesses as well as fun activities for everyone.
For more info visit the Totally Locally Forest Hill Website!

Find all posts by this user
michael

20-09-2012 06:51 AM

The Totally Locally website is at http://totally-locally.co.uk/foresthill/
I love the Hidden Gems section which is well worth a read.

You can like them on Facebook to keep up to date on new information http://www.facebook.com/pages/Totally-Lo...1649378915

But the list of deals available this Saturday is best viewed at http://www.foresthillsociety.com/2012/09...cally.html

blushingsnail

21-09-2012 11:00 AM

Doing the click-work so you don't have to:

A reminder that the Official Opening of the new Forest Hill pools takes place tomorrow (Saturday 22 September), along with a day of entertainment and activities, plus offers from local shops as part of their 'Totally Locally' campaign.

Shopping:

Shoppers will be able to collect a map showing the location of the offers from the Totally Locally stall at the official opening of Forest Hill Pools.

The shopping deals on offer will include:

- Any Totally Awesome 12 inch pizza for a Fiver at Question Bar
- A Totally Beautiful Bunch of Flowers for a Fiver at Laurels Florist
- A Totally Bootylicious Fiver deal on a selection of knickers at The Fitting Studio
- A Totally Brilliant offer of three cards for a Fiver at B cards
- A Totally Campervantastic free camper van book with any store purchase at Campervantastic
- A Totally Cool free pair of Children's Disney Character Sunglasses when you spend over £5 on the children's character range at Marie's Boutique
- A Totally Crackers £5 deal on a selection of takeaway meals at Tse's Chinese
- A Totally Dappy £5 off your purchase when you spend £15 or more at Dapper
- A Totally Dazzling £5 Jewellery festival plus £5 off all purchase over £50 at Doopo Doopo
- A Totally Edible 6oz Burger with Fries for a Fiver at lunch and dinner at All Inn One
- A Totally Fabulous voucher for £5 off any hairdressing or spray tan service over £25 at Mirror Mirror. (One per customer and not to be used in conjunction with any other promotion or discount. To be used before October 31st)
- A Totally Gobstoppering 100g bag of sweets free at Sugar Mountain when you spend a Fiver
- A Totally Gorgeous offer of buy any 2 items and get the 3rd for £5 (*cheapest item) with a free glass of bubbly upon entry at Best of Both Boutique
- A Totally Herbally 4 herbs for a Fiver (normally £1.69 each) at Shannon's Garden Centre
- A Totally Hilarious 2 tickets for a fiver for the comedy on Sept. 22nd at 9pm for at The Hob. That's a saving of £8
- A Totally Magnificant £5 off with every £20 spent, plus free Victorian themed sweets and beverages served all day at Bunka
- A Totally Potty choice of panini from the Totally Locally Menu with any drink and a home made brownie for a Fiver at The Teapot
- A Totally Proper pint or a Pimms with a pancake for a Fiver at Canvas and Cream
- A Totally Radical £5 off all purchases over £50 at Finches Ski and Bike
- A Totally Relaxing Coffee and a Sandwich for a Fiver at Aga's Little Deli
- A Totally Satisfying Half Dipped Beef Sandwich and a drink for a Fiver at Sylvan Post. There will also be a carnival atmosphere with live bands and prizes, cocktails and capers
- A Totally Spicy £5 off eat in meal between 5.30-7.30 pm at Thai Orchard
- A Totally Staggering £10 worth of haberdashery for a Fiver, or a 'mind-Bowing' £5 off any workshop booked on the day at Stag and Bow
- A Totally Tropical and Delicious selection of medium meat and vegetarian dishes for a Fiver at Black Hummingbird
- A Totally Watchable 3 DVDs for a Fiver at For Your Eyes Only

(http://www.foresthillsociety.com/2012/09...cally.html)

Activities to celebrate the official opening of the new pools:

Date : 22 September Time : All day
Photography exhibition past and present - Location : Forest Hill Pools

Time : 10am, 12 noon, 2pm
Power Plate demonstration - Location : Forest Hill Pools

Time : 10am, 10.30am, 12 noon, 1pm, 2.30pm
Taster sessions of activity classes in the fitness suite - Location : Forest Hill Pools

Time : 11am
Saxon Crown Swimming Club display - Location : Forest Hill Pools

Time : 11am, 12.30pm, 1.30pm
Boot camp: Taster sessions in the gym - Location : Forest Hill Pools

Time : 11am, 2pm
Guided tour of Forest Hill Pools

Time : 1pm
History of Forest Hill Pools: A talk by local historian, Steve Grindlay - Location : Forest Hill Pools

Time : 1-2pm
Underwater hockey: Demonstration and a taster session - Location : Forest Hill Pools

Time : 3pm
Inflatables session for the whole family - Location : Forest Hill Pools

Time : All day
Photographic exhibition and memory collection of Forest Hill pool and library past and present
Location - Forest Hill Library

Time : From 10am throughout the day
Victorian storytelling - Location : Forest Hill Library

Time : 12 noon-1.45pm
Wii gaming session - Location : Forest Hill Library

Time : 2–3.30pm
Poetry reading and workshops: a chance for 8-12 year olds to read, write and discover poetry - Location : Forest Hill Library

Time : 3.30pm
Forest Hill writers' group - Location : Forest Hill Library

(http://www.lewisham.gov.uk/inmyarea/even...rates.aspx)

michael

21-09-2012 11:23 AM

BBC London 94.9FM Saturday @ 10.15am
Serge from B Cards will be talking about Totally Locally Forest Hill.

purple

22-09-2012 04:35 PM

Such offers are all well and good but surely our local shops would benefit by adapting to modern shopping habits. I agree entirely with a report released today by Experian in partnership with the Association of Town Centre Management which concludes that town centres must adapt to online shopping:

Quote:
"[Town centres] need to embrace technology to enrich the shopping experience by combining online shopping with the often more convenient option of collecting goods in the town centre."

More shops will need to adopt "click and collect" and retailers should embrace mobile commerce and social media to develop their online presence.

Do any of our local shops do that?

See http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19679104

Anotherjohn

22-09-2012 05:04 PM

There certainly was a buzz in throughout the town today.

This event worked for me and it looked as though many of our shops were being well-attended so I guess it worked for them too!

I would like to thank the organisers and all of the participants for their enthusiastic efforts to promote the area for everyones' benefit.

star

22-09-2012 10:08 PM

It was brilliant today. I went down to the pool to have a look and someone gave me a flyer with the local shops on - so I just had to go and see each of them! We have already come back to buy some DVDs from the video shop. Great idea. I had no idea how many lovely shops etc that there are. Thanks everyone.

Anotherjohn

23-09-2012 05:13 PM

Star's post just goes to show how beneficial this type of promotion can be.

This is just one person's experience - but multiply that by the hundreds of people who attended... Everyone's a winner!

Anotherjohn

23-09-2012 05:22 PM

By the way - would anyone like to second my suggestion to have this thread moved from here to the SE23 TOPICS section?

I believe it has more to do with the area generally than with trading as such. Okay, so some traders will have benefitted, but the event wasn't focussed on anyone in particular - it threw the spotlight on Forest Hill town centre as a whole.

rshdunlop

23-09-2012 06:22 PM

Seconded. But your chances are slim.

Anotherjohn

23-09-2012 06:48 PM

Thank you rsdunlop - I have just emailed admin to bring it to his attention.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields