SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
New Sainsbury's, The White Wood shop and The Old Bank
Bangorben

23-05-2012 07:55 AM

It's been a while since I've heard anything about these three previously 'hot' topics. Anybody know what the latest is with any of them as I'm getting fed up with the view down from the station and the deadness of the parade at night. I don't want to initiate an argument but even a Sainsbury's would look better than a row of empty, unused shops…

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lacb

23-05-2012 09:30 AM

Agreed.

Sainsbury's is still in the picture, pending planning approval. There has been another round of consultation as the developer submitted an application with the wrong address on it (& the council didn't notice).

Sebastian Roche have plans to move into the old White Wood shop. A bit of a waste of a prime retail location IMO, but as you say, better on balance than nothing. I suppose it will release what should be a slightly cheaper retail location when they move out (landlord permitting).

As for the Old Bank, my understanding from some months ago is that there have been many viewings but only one offer made on this. Draw your own conclusions on that one.

Tersie

23-05-2012 08:09 PM

Yes Labc is right - Sainsbury's is still in planning stage, Seb Roche have bought the White Wood Shop and as far as I know will be moving in there, which could free up another unit for Sainsbury's to use.

The Old Bank is being advertised at 34k per year!!! which I am sure was more than before. They seem to be hanging out for a large corporate to move in and they that massive rent. Some bar and restaurants have viewed it and deemed it too expensive or not large enough.

We live in hope there will be a positive development.

lacb

18-09-2012 09:50 AM

Re: the old White Wood shop, Sebastian Roche are expanding into this space to make a bigger office. There will be no extra retail made available by this, rather less instead.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  White Wood Shop? hoona 7 6,776 20-08-2012 09:35 PM
Last Post: miniplanets
  Free matt white paint, decorative garden wood chips, wood and laminate flooring Bcm 0 2,964 26-02-2012 05:23 PM
Last Post: Bcm