SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Empty shop window improvement
stefan

29-08-2012 09:25 AM

not sure who can answer this but I am sure it was discussed before that Forest Hill won funding in regards to printing "posters" off local attractions such as the Horniman to be displayed in empty shop windows. It might be in process already so if anyone can update us on the topic would be great

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
michael

29-08-2012 10:58 AM

It is something we are continuing to pursue but has been harder to achieve than we had hoped.

Some of the most appropriate sites have opened as actual businesses, in other cases landlords have not been particularly receptive, but we have also been distracted by other ways to improve the town centre (successful Portas Bid, monthly market, reforming the traders association, etc).

But we (the Forest Hill Society) are still working on this project and this is a project that needs to move forward.

Any offers of help on this or other projects run by the Forest Hill Society would be gratefully received, we could really do with some more people to get involved in all the great things we are doing and trying to do. If you are interested in helping out contact me by PM or email michael@foresthillsociety.com

stefan

29-08-2012 12:06 PM

thank you for your answer Michael, I can imagine the Portas bit took major commitment of all involved

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Empty Shop Fronts michael 7 8,138 20-04-2014 10:04 AM
Last Post: Benderish