SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Parking Policy Review
michael

20-11-2012 12:48 PM

The results of the survey have been made available as a presentation:
http://lewisham-consult.objective.co.uk/file/2358336
Most respondents live in a CPZ which slightly skews the results as they do not represent a majority of the residents.

A policy recommendation is expected to be produced by 1st December for the consideration of the Mayor and Cabinet.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lacb

20-11-2012 01:11 PM

More worrying IMO and what skews the results heavily, is the questions themselves which tended to assume the existence of a CPZ.

There also does not seem to be an analysis of choosing none of the proffered options. Again, a bias.

carole

20-11-2012 01:56 PM

I agree. I responded to the consultation, and found it very difficult to answer some questions which presumed a borough-wide CPZ. Looking at the presentation linked by Michael, I would submit that response levels from several areas were too small to be meaningful. There also seems to be a remarkably low level of response from businesses.

michael

20-11-2012 02:26 PM

I'm disappointed that the results of the survey (and to some extent the survey questions) are so focused on CPZs as the only issue. There is very little documentation of the responses relating to other parking issues, such as signage for under utilised car parks, and time limit on parking at local shops.

In fact the only analysis in the survey results that was not about CPZ questions was about payment methods for car parks (page 21). 70% of people where against mobile phone only payment for parking charges rather than pay and display machines. So there was a bit of an outcry when we were told at the consultation meeting that this decision had already been taken, and Lewisham intends to switch to a mobile only system at some point in the future.

borderpaul

20-11-2012 03:02 PM

Yes, I would agree it is more a set of numbers without any real insight into the reasons behind them. I was interested to see the responses from the Davids Road CPZ where nearly half replied and approximately two thirds said the controls met their needs with a third saying they didn't. I would be interested to see why these people didn't feel the controls met their needs.
I am assuming the people who said it did wanted a space to park since they are next door to the station and Sainsburys.

michael

30-11-2012 11:20 AM

The council have delayed making a decision on parking policy and will leave any decision until February 2013.

Quote:
The following statement was issued by the chair of Sustainable Development Select Committee, Cllr Curran, yesterday, in respect of the committee meeting taking place on 11 December 2012.

'Following a conversation with Ralph Wilkinson (Head of Public Services), it has been agreed that the proposed agenda item: 'Parking Policy Review - Conclusions and Recommendations' - be held-over until the Committee's meeting on 5 February 2013. Officers feel that the complexity of the full range of policy options under consideration as part of this review, means that the financial analysis needs to be modelled carefully to ensure that assumptions are properly tested. In order to provide a robust report where all parking issues have been thoroughly considered, additional time is needed by officers.'

Papers for the 5 February 2013 meeting will be available on the Council's website from 25 January 2013.

Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields