SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
TV signal disruption by trains - how to fix?
MightyMouse

24-07-2012 08:05 AM

So I've finally moved to Forest Hill after many months of trying (wahey). My shiny new TV arrived yesterday - at which point I discovered the downside to my lovely (rented) flat on Devonshire Road, where the living room overlooks the train line. Most times a train goes by, I lose my TV signal...

It's got built-in Freeview, so although I discovered upon moving in that the flat is 'plumbed' for Sky I'd really rather not subscribe to that unless that's the only way. Does anyone else get this problem, and if so are there other fixes, e.g. an internal booster or something you can recommend? As I say, I'm renting so can't start crawling over the roof to install additional external aerials etc.

Would love to know how others have dealt with this - if it has to be a Sky subscription, so be it, but *sigh*. (Not least because in an attempt to be efficient I'd sorted my phone and broadband with other suppliers before moving in - if only I'd known I'd have just got everything from Sky. Never mind, eh?)

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
TV signal disruption by trains - how to fix? - MightyMouse - 24-07-2012 08:05 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Signal Problems on Trains - 22nd July 2012 michael 9 8,245 29-07-2013 06:52 AM
Last Post: Sherwood