SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Old books seeking new home
Snazy

23-07-2012 04:23 PM

I am having a clearout of the house and have a number of things that could do with a new home, in amongst these things are a lot of books. A few boxes full of them.

Before I make other plans with them, would anyone like to have a rummage through them, or just take the whole lot?

They are my mothers old books, and I really have no knowledge of whats what, just that she loved people like Agatha Christie, Gerald Durrell and other similar authors and genres.

If you are interested, please feel free to contact me. PM, email or reply here.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sydenhamcentral

24-07-2012 05:13 PM

Take them to Sydenham Library, they take old books. Its run by a CIC (community interest company), so many people will get to enjoy the books and it's a good cause. We donated a load of new childrens books last Christmas to them.

http://www.lewisham.gov.uk/myservices/li...rvice.aspx

http://www.sydenhamtowncentre.com/commun...y-library/

http://sydenhamlibrary.wordpress.com/

Andy Nak

27-07-2012 02:02 PM

Or take them to the Sue Ryder shop next to Sainsburys?

Snazy

01-08-2012 03:45 PM

A lot of places turn their noses up at the books because they are old and 'well read' Would like to see them go somewhere they will be read rather than binned.
Had a couple of visitors to have a rummage already, so if anyone else wants to take a look, they can be made available for viewing at your leisure.

Will look into the suggestions none the less, thanks all.

Snazy

06-08-2012 08:46 AM

I have taken to leaving a small selection on my outside wall on Church Rise, with some more in boxes on the doorstep. Feel free to take a look. And rummage, no need to knock Thumbup

Snazy

08-08-2012 04:10 PM

Nice to see them going day by day. Still plenty left. Nothing like watching people take joy from getting a new book or three.

I put 5 out last night, walked up the drive and someone took them by the time I reached my door lol.

Was saying to a neighbour how nice it is to pass things on that are no use to you anymore. Everything from fans to printers have found new homes this way in the past. Thumbup

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Pond goldfish seeking new home Local Girl 0 2,091 22-02-2014 10:09 AM
Last Post: Local Girl