SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Your views needed on water supply and management
Mealy

18-07-2012 05:18 PM

Hello,

I live in Nunhead and am currently doing a Masters Degree in Environmental and Earth Resources Management at Kingston University.

For the final part of my degree I am writing a dissertation on the public's views of water in terms of how they value and use this vital resource, whether they have seen any communication from their water provider during the recent drought period and whether they agreed with the information that was in it. Finally, I am trying to assess whether people agree that domestic water usage is an issue for them and what they think should be done about it.

To this end I have created a questionnaire, which is attached, that I would be very grateful if you could take the time to fill it in and return it to me at dissertationsep12@gmail.com. All replies that I receive will only be used for this dissertation. In addition, all responses are completely anonymous - I don't even ask your name - and it only takes 5 minutes to complete the questionnaire. If you would like to receive it, I am happy to send you the Executive Summary of the report once it is written which will be sometime after 14 September. Please could you indicate whether you would like to receive it in Part D of the questionnaire.

Thank you very much for your help and time with this project.

Kind regards,
Mealy
dissertationsep12@gmail.com

Attached File(s)
.doc File  Questionnaire.doc (Size: 41.5 KB / Downloads: 306)
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Givenuphope

22-07-2012 06:59 PM

Eight hours ago an alleged water main burst on Perry Vale stopped running water for hundreds of properties in the area. Six hours ago the website the problem had been fixed and still says it. We still have no running water.

Mealy

22-07-2012 07:14 PM

Oh dear. That's awful! Thames Water should be ashamed of themselves. Did they give you a time when they would come and fix it? I wish I could help you, however I am just a student at Kingston University....

AMFM

23-07-2012 11:30 AM

water finally came back on at about 9/10ish I think. Not impressed by the selfish actions of some members of our community, however, who seemed to think that loading up a makeshift trolley with practically all of the drinking water bottles left at Normanton Street was an acceptable thing to do - my partner practically had to wrestle the last 6 pack off her so that we had some water for ourselves and our next door neighbours.

Mealy

23-07-2012 11:34 AM

Yes - some people only think about themselves and not others. I'm glad you have your water back though.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Advice needed on dealing with Management Companies Adnarim 1 3,334 19-10-2013 12:59 AM
Last Post: adavltd