SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
New Forum Design
michael

Cool  15-10-2007 08:27 PM

Congratulations on the new forum design. It looks great and I am really pleased it has RSS feed capabilities.

I'm glad we were able to keep some of the history, it would be a shame to lose it all. I think there are some interesting features to explore and possibly a few small details to sort out. Apparently with 354 posts I have posted over 535% of the total number of posts, surely some miscalculation.

I am looking forward to posts with pictures and attachments. And I like the idea of saving drafts rather than deleting most of the rants I can't post because they need to be turned into some form of sense (not that I always quite manage that).

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
robwinton

15-10-2007 09:05 PM

Agreed, there are lots of great new features that will take time to explore and utilise fully.

Where are the smilies?

Smile

admin
Administrator

15-10-2007 10:43 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

Michael: The overall percentage errors are caused by me setting each member's post count to include posts on the old forum. I may just remove the percentage message. Unless I can think of something more clever. Unlikely.

Robwinton: Do you really want smilies? Smile Anyone else?

Ghis

16-10-2007 09:10 PM

I must say this is more the type of forums I am used to. Very nice.

calvin

16-10-2007 09:27 PM

I really liked the old forum - I feel like an old fogey - but this is obviously well-planned and executed. Plus I just got my username activated in about half an hour so I feel like part of the club already.

Well done, then. Even though it pains me in some small way.

Foresters

17-10-2007 10:49 AM

I am trying to get my view of the forum to show posts with the most recent post at the top but can't see how to do this - can anyone help?

robwinton

18-10-2007 02:18 PM

I think it does it automatically - but you may need to click on the SE23 Topics link above rather than use the back button (or refresh)

Foresters

18-10-2007 05:30 PM

Sure the sort order is fine listing topics - but within a topic, I have to scroll down to get to most recent. I would normally expect to be able to have the most recent post at the top rather than the bottom (then scroll down to review the history if I desire)..?

admin
Administrator

19-10-2007 07:17 AM

Posts are displayed in earliest to latest order because it's the natural way to read a conversation. It's standard practice for forums and has always been the case on SE23.com.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields