SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Car just broken into on Ackroyd Road
showtunesgirl

12-07-2012 08:07 PM

My husband has just had his car broken into on Ackroyd Road.

Items stolen: a camera, a bag with laptop in it and an accordion.

Please no lectures etc about how he shouldn't have left it in there. He left it for a couple of hours. We just need to know if anyone saw anything.

The accordion is particularly important to him. If anyone comes across anyone trying to sell these items. Please contact me ASAP.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nottinghillbilly

12-07-2012 11:42 PM

So sorry to hear about this-I get the feeling that crime is getting worse around here sadly Sad

showtunesgirl

13-07-2012 12:03 AM

Just to update. They took a keyboard as well.

It appears as though the window was forced.

Due to the substantial amount of bulky and heavy stuff taking, I suspect it was done by a pro with transport.

I've lived in the area for quite a few years and not heard of car theft like this around here, more burglaries. Now I'm just nervous in general. Sad

sandy

13-07-2012 03:22 AM

I have lived in HOP for nearly 25 years. In that time we have had our car broken into 3 times (on the front drive) - twice a long time ago to take radios and more recently we left the car unlocked and a purse with parking money was taken from a small compartment on the dashboard. It would appear there are always opportunists on the lookout for easy pickings from cars.

Foresthillboy

13-07-2012 09:58 AM

Showtunes - sorry to hear of your car break in, sadly these days, you can never leave nothing on show for any amount of time, blink and its gone.

makes you wonder, if they have been watching your hubby put lots of things into his car, then when the coast was clear, they break in

Pico
No longer registered

14-07-2012 04:20 PM

There have been some burglaries in my building. My partner answered the door at least seven times to random English and Eastern European lads posing as tradesmen claiming to be from Lewisham Homes when we are private tenants. Evidently they were trying their luck.

This is a nice area but there are always people who are going to try it on if given half a chance. It's London after all!

kelmscott

14-07-2012 04:54 PM

Pico
What building do you live in & on what road?

Pico
No longer registered

14-07-2012 05:06 PM

Hello

We live in one of the Council buildings Honor Oak Park Station end of Devonshire Road.

showtunesgirl

14-07-2012 08:02 PM

Good news! We got the accordion back!

This morning, the thieves tried to sell it back to source at the accordion shop in Lewisham. I had already been in to see the shop owner the previous day to notify him to be on the lookout and lo and behold the thieves came in!

He called their bluff and said I know this is stolen goods, here's £20 and get out of here. They tried to pretend that they had bought it off someone and that £20 would mean a loss but were so thrown by the owner's knowledge that it was stolen that they left rather confused!

The Police are now going to follow up.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Ackroyd Road incident Erekose 2 5,649 04-01-2014 09:05 PM
Last Post: Erekose
  Burglary on Ackroyd Road showtunesgirl 2 5,000 21-01-2013 10:40 PM
Last Post: Tersie
  Car broken in on Grierson Road siazzah 2 5,237 29-03-2011 11:18 AM
Last Post: michael
  Ackroyd Road admin 0 4,545 14-10-2007 07:41 PM