SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Travelling from FH to Paddington
Cellar Door

04-04-2008 02:04 PM

hillwalker wrote:
Hi Cellar Door
So how long does your journey take on bike? I'm thinking of doing a very similar journey soon and was thinking about the hour mark?

Very good thinking, Hillwalker, as you are correct with it being an hour. But it can be much longer. The reason being is that although I've lived in London for 12 years I'm still very much the tourist. Just this morning I stopped outside the Palace of Westminster to take a photo of Richard the Lion Hearted. Well, a statue of him. I imagine that King Richard is otherwise busy with his eternal slumber!

And I've become a Mayfair-phile. I'm usually gliding through Mayfair at about 7:30am and I love the architecture and beauty. I've just recently been grabbing a cup of coffee and sitting in Berkeley Square. No nightingale's singing anymore I've observed.

I got terrific tips on the route to take from the TfL website. And also from the Cycling map that they sent to me through the post.

I've also been experimenting with which bridge is the best to cross. I'm currently favouring Lambeth Bridge but I've been across all the others from Vauxhall Bridge in the west to Tower Bridge in the east.

There's lots of cyclist emerging each day from SE23, Hillwalker. I'm most pleased you're thinking of joining the critical mass.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Travelling from FH to Paddington - Cellar Door - 04-04-2008 02:04 PM