SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Travelling from FH to Paddington
Cellar Door

03-04-2008 10:32 PM

I travelled from Forest Hill to Marylebone (2 stops before Paddington on the Bakerloo line) for six years using public transport. I stopped last December and switched to using my bicycle. (Mostly to get more exercise in my life.)

From shutting my door on Woodcombe Crescent, Forest Hill to turning on my computer at my desk on Harewood Avenue, Marylebone it was rarely much more than 1 hour.

Here are the bits of my travel with the minutes at the end:

Walk to Forest Hill station 5
Wait for train (and maybe a coffee from Anya in the coffee hut) 5
Train ride to London Bridge 15
London Bridge railway platform to Jubilee line platform 7
Wait for Jubilee line 3
Jubilee line to Baker Street 13
Jubilee line platform to Bakerloo platform 1
Wait for Bakerloo line 3
Bakerloo to Marylebone 2
Bakerloo platform at Marylebone to office 5

It's approximately 4 minutes further on to Paddington.

I mostly caught the 7:20am train from Forest Hill. The train service from Forest Hill for the 7:20am was rather good and always got a seat. Rather comfy and pleasant time to travel. But, soulrider, I've been reading with dismay the recent reports on this forum about the train service going through a rough patch.

Oh, if the Jubilee Line was playing up I used to go to the Northern Line down to Elephant and Castle then the Bakerloo up to Marylebone. It adds about 10-15 minutes to the journey.

Good luck with the new work location soulrider. Maybe if the public transport doesn't work out, then I'll see you joining me pushing the pedals between Forest Hill and the other side of the river.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Travelling from FH to Paddington - Cellar Door - 03-04-2008 10:32 PM