SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Rail services during the Olympics
michael

12-09-2012 11:15 AM

rshdunlop wrote:
Any chance of later trains after the Olympics? It's impossible to have a reasonable night out in London and get home via train.

At yesterday's Lewisham transport liaison committee meeting the LOROL representative came under a fair amount of pressure on this issue from the combined forces of Cllr John Paschoud, Cllr John Muldoon, Barry Milton (Syd Soc), and myself (FH Soc).
All of us felt that this experiment was worth continuing, not necessarily until 3am, but maybe an extra 30-60 minutes on Friday and Saturday nights, and with a frequent service even after 10pm.

After the usual excuses the LOROL representative said that they would feed back our suggestions. At the moment they are focused on the extension to Peckham (ELL2) which will start running on 9th December 2012.

michael wrote:
It's a bit like Y2K. There is a fear of public transport meltdown that is simply not going to occur.

It looks like I was right. The transport system worked magnificently during the Olympics and Paralympics. Trains to venues were packed but that is not unusual for major events and the rest of London carried on as usual (just a bit quieter).
I think the transport industry is in the process of learning a number of lessons about running an efficient transport system from the Olympics.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Rail services during the Olympics - michael - 12-09-2012 11:15 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Christmas 2012 rail services rbmartin 0 2,735 17-12-2012 02:01 PM
Last Post: rbmartin