SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Rail services during the Olympics
michael

10-07-2012 08:09 AM

[rant]Yes, Boris didn't really tell us not to use public transport, that was just what I heard.
When I go to the one Olympic event for which I have tickets I will be leaving plenty of time to get there well in advance of the start. I have no intention of changing my travel patterns for work. If I took the Central Line then I might, but there is no reason why trains leaving London Bridge lower station should be impacted by the Olympics as none of the events are happening in Crystal Palace.

The details of expected traffic on roads is even more pathetic.
Everything within the South and North circular is coloured for 'expect delays', which is somehow meant to be different from normal life in London.

Here is what London 2012 were telling us in 2007:

Quote:
Transport is one of the key strengths of London’s Olympic Bid

Every day 12 million journeys are made on London's public transport network. Daily spectator demand during the Games will be around 5% of this level at a time of year when 20% of commuters are on holiday. The net result is that London will have an effective 15% spare capacity for the Games.

So which is it; spare capacity or exceptionally busy?
[/rant]

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Rail services during the Olympics - michael - 10-07-2012 08:09 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Christmas 2012 rail services rbmartin 0 2,735 17-12-2012 02:01 PM
Last Post: rbmartin