SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Looking For Pictures From Forest Hill
johnrivenmark

26-06-2012 03:33 PM

You know how inspirational it can be to set yourself a goal and follow it with all your heart? Unlike many other people i really love my native neighborhood of Forest Hill. Some years ago I started creating a virtual gallery of the place, trying to represent its true atmosphere, through the eyes of the real people. I do not pretend to be a professional photographer, on the contrary. But with your help my project will be strongly enhanced- feel free to send me any picture, related to Forest Hill that you have taken with your camera or phone. Soon Forest Hill will have its unique virtual image!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
edd

27-06-2012 05:57 AM

I don't think calling into question people's love for their 'native neighbourhood' is the best way to get them to send you their photos, john. Unsure

johnrivenmark

28-06-2012 07:01 AM

Well, I didn't, to be honest. Be let us not be hypocritical about it. There are many people who DO dislike the place they live in. I am sure I will not find such in this forum- the mere fact that you post here means you care for Forest Hill. And after all it is up to anybody to decide whether to join the project or not. Meanwhile you can check my blog for Forest Hill.

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/foresthillimages

Theotherbrian

01-07-2012 10:17 AM

Have a look at http://www.geograph.org.uk and type SE23 into the search box -literally (proper use of the word) there are thousands of photos uploaded.

steveb

03-07-2012 10:34 AM

I followed your link but could not see anything about Forest Hill. Do you have to log in to the site to see your blog?

johnrivenmark

05-07-2012 01:14 PM

Thanks, that looks great. Keep them coming!

Harveys John

12-07-2012 12:34 PM

I've only got one. It is the Forest Hill School library with a group in front of it in 1960. Moved to hertfordshire a few years after leaving school, sorry.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields