SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
summer camps/clubs/sports for young schoolchildren
roz

23-06-2012 01:16 PM

Hi, we are looking at summer holiday activities for our child aged 5, perhaps a week or two's sports activities or club or something like that. We cant find out whats on offer somehow. If anyone has any ideas or knows whats on we would appreciate knowing. Thanks in advance.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
shzl400

23-06-2012 03:17 PM

Try these:

http://www.rocksandpebbles.co.uk/Playscheme.html

We used the Myatt Gardens scheme when it was run by Lewisham, and were very happy with it, but now my boys are older they go here:

http://www.lewishamcommunitysports.com/

You don't have to be sporty to enjoy it - mine are woefully non-sporty and love it at the St. Dunstan's venue, but not the Prendergast one (the Stillness location was only temporary while there was building work at Prendergast).

shzl400

23-06-2012 03:21 PM

There's also "Holiday Drop Off" at Dulwich College, ages 4-14, described as a sports camp. See http://www.holidaydropoff.com. I can't recommend or otherwise, I'm just looking at an advert.

roz

23-06-2012 03:50 PM

Hi, thanks, oddly enough, Ive just come across that one too ie Dulwich College. It looks excellent and not too expensive for a few days a week and the children seem to get a lot of input and experience. I looked at JAGS but it didnt inspire me as much. We could probably afford Dulwich College as really only need two days a week for about 4 weeks but will look into the others too. Thanks again for the info.

SElady

23-06-2012 06:35 PM

They used to do one at Crystal Palace Sports Centre that was very good but our son is now older so not sure it is still going on.

edd

24-06-2012 05:26 AM

I've used the similar set up at Alleyn's School several times (Townley Road Sports Camp) and found it very good indeed, and dd has enjoyed it. There is a link on their website, at the right hand side towards the foot of the page:
Townley Road Sports Camp

roz

24-06-2012 08:42 AM

Thanks for this . Townley seems good but the hours probably wouldn't work for us. The Dulwich College one suits better but they have 5 activities a day and I wonder whether it might be too much and too focused and driven for excellence for a 5 year old! If anyone has any experience of how reception kids might fare here it would be great to hear. Thanks

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields