SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Improved parking for Dartmouth Road shops
shzl400

04-06-2008 02:45 PM

There used to be a huge car park next to the Dartmouth Arms, which is now barriered off. I believe patrons can get tokens to park there, but is it open to the public and, if so, how much?

Yes, thenutfield, but the grocer, butcher and greengrocer all had delivery boys and/or wives and mothers did not go out to work.

I used to walk and shop when I was on maternity leave and had a useful net under the buggy to load up with all the shopping. And yes, then, as I had little else to do all day, I could take the leisure to stroll around the other shops in FH, maybe have a coffee with other mums at the then extant Blue Mountain (that shows how long ago that was!). And then I could do the same the next day, as well...

I only got a car when son no. 1 was six months old. Now I work full time again and drive to Bell Green to get the week's shopping for a family of four in one hit on the weekend. As it usually takes over ? hour to do this, especially with the offspring in tow, I would only come to FH Sainsbury's on a Sunday, when parking is free, as I don't see why I should pay extra for less choice when the alternative is just as convenient.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Improved parking for Dartmouth Road shops - shzl400 - 04-06-2008 02:45 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Warning: Dartmouth Arms parking JulietP 16 16,592 01-09-2013 06:54 PM
Last Post: Doodle