SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Improved parking for Dartmouth Road shops
blushingsnail

04-06-2008 02:44 PM

michael wrote:
My recommendation - charge 50p for anybody parking at Bell Green for any length of time, use the revenues to improve the local town centres and introduce longer periods of free parking at Sainburys in Forest Hill and Perry Vale car park. People will vote with their feet and shop with them too!

But who owns the car parks? I assume Bell Green is Sainsbury's, so no one can force them to charge for parking and then allocate the profits to FH town centre. And isn't the car park behind FH Sainsbury's owned by the council? I understood that Sainsbury's wanted free parking at FH but the council decided to charge.

Anyway, you can?t compare Sainsbury?s Bell Green and Sainsbury?s London Road. Bell Green is far larger and stocks a heck of a lot more than FH branch, so it?s understandable that people would prefer Bell Green. Although it wasn?t always so: I remember when Savacentre first opened and it was inferior to FH Sainsbury?s, despite being much bigger. Unfortunately since its refurbishment the FH branch has gone down the toilet. I had such a bad experience in there again last week that I?ve vowed never to set foot in the place (again - I said that a couple of years ago and my resolve only lasted a few months).

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Improved parking for Dartmouth Road shops - blushingsnail - 04-06-2008 02:44 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Warning: Dartmouth Arms parking JulietP 16 16,592 01-09-2013 06:54 PM
Last Post: Doodle