SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Improved parking for Dartmouth Road shops
Baboonery

04-06-2008 12:56 PM

What a load of arrogant tommy-rot. Have you been in a queue on London Road recently? There's EVERY need for red lines there. You've got to maintain some semblance of traffic flow. But of course, traffic flow doesn't matter to you when you want to park, does it? I MUST PARK HERE!!! NOWHERE ELSE WILL DO!!!

And the idea that there is plenty of space to park on Dartmouth Road is so ridiculous that it can only be classed as a lie. The bays are fine. Lower down the road it's just too narrow, unless you park on the pavement, which lots of people do, but let's not worry about that, MUST PARK HERE!!! How many of those shops do you think would have been saved by 'Park anywhere you like' policies? All 17? Can you ask one of the fairies for their magic wand as a souvenir? Still, the road being blocked would have avoided the need for speed bumps.

The red loading bay by Sainsbury's. Three spaces, is it? And nearly always occupied. Wow, that would be SO helpful. Three on the other side, also always occupied, as is half the bus stop and the red lines afterwards. And you have to drive round the back to the car park? Diddums, there.

Typical motorist. Me me me me me. Car use has outgrown sutainable levels, and motorists just can't get their heads round the fact that it's not going to be as easy as it used to be. You can't always get what you want.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Improved parking for Dartmouth Road shops - Baboonery - 04-06-2008 12:56 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Warning: Dartmouth Arms parking JulietP 16 16,592 01-09-2013 06:54 PM
Last Post: Doodle