SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Improved parking for Dartmouth Road shops
NewForester

03-06-2008 02:28 PM

brian wrote:
Where do you suggest the council release more road space for free parking apart from Waldenshaw Rd.
London Rd under TFL
Dartmouth Rd far to narrow for any cars to be parked in my opinion as major bus route.

Where else?

I may be being an optimist, but free parking in the woefully under-utilised Perry Vale car park might resolve a lot of station parking problems, leaving the rest of the roads for residents or shoppers.

Since the aim of resident's parking is to allow people to park outside their houses, maybe the far end of Waldenshaw Road (nearest Manor Mount) could be made available for short term parking instead of being resident only. I'll admit that people would have to walk an extra 100m or so to get to the shops which may be asking too much Wink I know that part of Devonshire Road was originally included in the CPZ, but was dropped following resident's objections.

Finally, could some parking be made available outside the Post Office / Paddy Power sites? I'm not sure how much is public / private space. This might alleviate the kerb parking at that end of Dartmouth Road.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Improved parking for Dartmouth Road shops - NewForester - 03-06-2008 02:28 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Warning: Dartmouth Arms parking JulietP 16 16,592 01-09-2013 06:54 PM
Last Post: Doodle