SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Flowers at Hop Station
Bcm

28-04-2012 02:56 PM

I noticed today in the hideous weather the fine people from the Forest Hill Society planting flowers at HOP station. You guys are a credit to the area.

Thumbsup

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
alisa

28-04-2012 05:29 PM

What a horrid day to be doing that job! Big thanks to our new friend Chris who has single handedly knocked the piece of land behind the bench into shape again and donated various plants from his garden.

The two planters are secured and full of geranium and lobelia. Despite all this rain, we will need to cobble together a watering rota and I know a few of you offered today - we will try and get in touch in the next few days to firm that up. Thanks in advance for that. (Do PM me if you don't hear).

There are also another two planters that will hopefully arrive at some point. Two custom made window boxes are somewhere between China and SE23!

For anyone in Forest Hill tomorrow afternoon, there will be some additional planting of a new trough planter by Barclays Bank at 2.30pm (Richard & I quickly did one today as the place we were going to store the soil overnight was locked!). Also, the general sprucing up of the plants that were first planted last year at the station will be done.

Thanks to everyone who came and said hello today and a huge thanks to Bcm for his post - you have made my day!

http://www.se23.blogspot.com/
brian

28-04-2012 05:44 PM

Thanks to all your noble efforts.

I remember about 35 years ago HOP station often won prettiest station in South East.
All due to Station manager.

lacb

29-04-2012 01:14 PM

Yes, a lovely touch for the station, looking good. Thanks to the Forest Hill Society and all those involved planting in the rain.

hopper

03-05-2012 08:43 AM

Yes it looks locality - thanso much to chris for planning this spot up.

lacb

09-03-2013 03:09 PM

The daffodils are looking great. Hopefully they will survive Mother's day...

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Plastic flowers at FH station - not a good look loca 5 6,800 14-07-2008 05:46 PM
Last Post: SEdweller