SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Vintage 78s
ForTiger

12-04-2012 09:05 PM

Clear out from loft and would like to find a new home for a box of assorted shellac I think, records, 10in and 12in. About 45 in all. Most in paper sleeves or what remains of them, and card folders also. HMV, Decca and Columbia records in the main - some were bought in India, (others sourced here). They were the property of an uncle who lived in India and played them until his gramophone player was stolen. Eclectic mix of orchestral music, sonatas, band music, opera, swing, popular. Amongst the artists: Duke Ellington, Flanagan & Allen, Paul Robeson, Ella Fitzgerald, Billy Cotton & His Band, Caruso, BBC symphony etc. No means of trying them out but apart from being dusty, seem to be ok. From the condition of the record label, one or two appear to have been very well used.
£90 or offer for whole box.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
P1971

12-04-2012 11:31 PM

That sounds very cheap for the collection you have. I still have vinyl records and some old fashioned turn tables which I love to play them on. If I were you I would put them on ebay and take the highest bid. You might be surprised at what you can get for them. If you don't get a good price for them pm me please, but I think you will.

P1971

12-04-2012 11:38 PM

You might want to sell by artists if you sell on ebay because I think some might be worth more than others.

ForTiger

13-04-2012 08:26 AM

Replied by pm, but a public thank you also for this advice.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields