SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Blair witch and company
bigbadwolf

20-03-2008 03:19 PM

After visiting some of the watering holes on Westow hill in Crystal palace me and the lads ended up in the Dulwich wood house where we overheard a conversation regarding the old railway tunnel in Sydenham woods. Apparently it's used by roosting bats and was undergoing some works and the door had been left open. Being curious aswell as suitably refreshed we grabbed a couple of touches from the digs and headed out. Unsurprisingly the large iron gate was securely padlocked and bolted so no luck there so we decided to leave but seeing as it was about 1 a.m finding our way out was alot harder than finding our way in. I never would have guessed how many people doss in the woods if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, well ears mainly I wouldn't have believed it myself. We found the still glowing embers of a large camp fire by this old ruin (god knows what it is/was), my mate Steve's got some photo's on his phone I'll try and upload and you could hear a guitar and singing in the distance and a few sleeping tramps aswell. We found our way out at about 4.30 a.m. Can anyone shed any light as to what the hell goes on up there at night?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
robwinton

20-03-2008 03:50 PM

I'm sure there is a message there about wolves, woods and not going out at night, but I just can't seem to make the connections ...

bigjulie

20-03-2008 04:09 PM

I have never been there at night - but it sounds like it is a busy place!

The ruin you refer to may be the folly (a Victorian mock ruin). I have found a picture of it.
http://www.innerlondonramblers.org.uk/wa...alace.html

Dotcom

20-03-2008 04:49 PM

Little Red Riding Hood?

bigbadwolf

20-03-2008 04:58 PM

Keep it coming, serious or not. This could go on for along time but I would like to hear about what goes on as it was quite a shock.

robwinton

20-03-2008 06:41 PM

teddy bears?

robwinton

20-03-2008 06:42 PM

you'd be sure of a big surprise!

bigbadwolf

21-03-2008 11:26 AM

Rob, you have faaaarrrrrr to much time on your hands.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields