SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Recent burglaries in Honor Oak Park
mscarlyon

16-03-2012 07:41 PM

I live on Stondon Park and had my flat broken into just over a week ago Sad . It's on the first floor, and the burglars entered in broad daylight through a poorly secured sash window, having apparently scaled three fences and a drainpipe. The police have said that it's likely that thieves are sitting in cars watching people leave their houses before they break in, which is a chilling thought.

One of my neighbours told me tonight that there had apparently been two other burglaries nearby in the past few weeks, one on Tatnell Road, the other at the Stillness Road end of Stondon Park. Does anyone know anything more about this? I gather the police have done some house to house enquiries. Let's hope this is the end of it, but in future I will be much more suspicious of people sitting in cars. It might be wise to take their registration numbers if they stay longer than 5 minutes.

It can't be said enough times, and you learn the hard way: make sure your windows are secure whatever floor you live on, and please, please report any suspicious behaviour. It may save you or one of your neighbours having their property stolen.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Londondrz

16-03-2012 10:39 PM

A local mom told me this week that she was woken by someone outside her house speaking very loudly into a mobile phone quite late at night and on going to investigate saw a gent wearing black, with black gloves and a balaclava hiding outside. She told him to get lost.

Given he was hiding outside her basement stairway way off the road I was suprised she didnt call the police.

If it looks strange, if you think it is strange and you are not sure why they are there for God's sake call the police!!!

roz

17-03-2012 03:01 PM

He didnt leave her a box of Milk Tray by any chance?

Seriously, I wouldnt have ventured out myself but just call the police if someone looks suspicious.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A string of burglaries in Honor Oak knh2a 4 5,448 29-06-2013 06:05 PM
Last Post: davidl