SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Move to HOP?
Bcm

14-03-2012 09:54 AM

The area in Hop where you are looking is an excellent choice. 5 mins from the station, quiet and with easy access to the town's amenities. As well as The Honor Oak I regularly enjoy a pint in the Try Tapas restaurant, the left hand side of which is a bar in the evenings with a good atmosphere. Hop scotch is also now open 4 evenings a week with a good wine and beer selection and regular live music. If cocktails are your thing then the Stone Bar is really excellent. Less than a ten minute stroll away you have the Mr Lawrence wine bar which has one of the best selections of good wine in South London. There's also the Brockley Jack pub opposite to keep things varied. I moved to Hop from Brick Lane (and formerly Twickenham) so found a good selection of evening entertainment essential to our prospective area. Hop and the surrounding areas (forest hill, crofton park) means we have more than enough without relying on anything other than foot power. Indeed from your intended location you can wind up back in ED in about 25 minutes if you stroll via Forest Hill road towards Peckham Rye park and then up Barry road.

Safety wise neither my partner or I have ever felt unsafe or threatened in hop, particularly on the daily walk back from the station after work via the back roads to the area you are considering. Schools in the area are excellent.

Crossing brockley rise is going to be a walk down to the junction with Honor Oak Park and over. It is a shame there is no zebra crossing but there is a safe central reservation if you spot a break in the traffic.

If you have geeky undertones the arrival of ftth 100mbps broadband to Akroyd road is another draw.

All in all I cod not be happier with the choice we made. It caters for our every need (except perhaps fresh fruit close by - set to change as you state) and the good night life and three exceptional restaurants near by make the pocket you are considering particularly nice. Do it, you will not regret it!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Move to HOP? - devsdev - 13-03-2012, 10:46 PM
RE: Move to HOP? - Poppy9560 - 13-03-2012, 10:55 PM
RE: Move to HOP? - Bcm - 14-03-2012 09:54 AM
RE: Move to HOP? - hoona - 14-03-2012, 10:23 AM
RE: Move to HOP? - roadrummer - 14-03-2012, 10:40 AM
RE: Move to HOP? - Tinkerbell - 14-03-2012, 01:02 PM
RE: Move to HOP? - P1971 - 14-03-2012, 01:07 PM
RE: Move to HOP? - bebei - 14-03-2012, 01:09 PM
RE: Move to HOP? - devsdev - 14-03-2012, 04:15 PM