SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Post Problems
ForestHillMonkey

08-03-2012 09:35 AM

Hi,

I live on Como Road and I am having real problems with my post.

I know I am expecting a number of items of mail because I've received automated emails telling me that they have been sent. It's a mixture of first and second class from various locations in the UK. Some of this mail got sent out 10+ days ago.

I've tried using the automated service with no success and if I try the direct number for the Forest Hill Delivery office no one ever picks it up. I am using the number 020 82915441 for the Delivery office, is there an alternative number?

Is anyone else having problems?

Thanks

This post was last modified: 08-03-2012 09:36 AM by ForestHillMonkey.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ChrisR

08-03-2012 06:41 PM

Try 08456 112450 - that's the number on the cards they leave when they can't deliver!

they only answer during their normal hours:
8am - 1pm (Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri)
8am - 8pm (Wed)
8am to 2pm (Sat)

Erekose

08-03-2012 09:44 PM

FHM
See the previous thread on this forum regarding 'lost' post:

http://www.se23.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=5244

We have had a real problem with items going missing especially but not exclusivly birthday cards. Others report the same from the same area.

derbybill

09-03-2012 03:42 PM

FHMonkey
Many, many years ago (before e-mail was invented!) I experienced missing post over a period of 3 months or so. I was concerned about missing bills, then missing the reminders and then getting into more serious trouble.
Since you have a record of the e-mails, then prepare a list of everything that you know is missing, with as much info as possible, date of posting etc. Find out the manager's name at F Hill DO, and write to him/her personally.
I had a very useful conversation on the phone with the manager at that time, and was promised that all items of missing post would be investigated, and was thanked for the time and trouble I had taken to report it. It seems that sometimes there's a rogue member of staff who likes to pocket the odd letter, and the penalties for stealing items of mail are very severe. I think one or two items did come to light, and I received a load of first class stamps as some compensation!

ForestHillMonkey

09-03-2012 04:45 PM

derbybill,

thanks, good advice, I will do that.

The problem we have isn’t that the post goes missing; it just seems to take a little holiday somewhere between being posted and eventually being delivered through our door. I had a document delivered yesterday that had been posted first class 13 days ago.

I think all our post does eventually get to us but I’ve taken to having any post that I want quickly delivered to my work address where it always seems to turn up within a day or two.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields