SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Signal Problems on Trains - 22nd July 2012
michael

22-07-2013 03:00 PM

http://www.southernrailway.com/your-jour...D030BE18A2

Delays to Southern services to and from London Bridge until further notice

A signalling problem is causing disruption at London Bridge.

Because of this, Southern services may be delayed by up to 20 minutes. This is expected to carry on until further notice.

Twitter hashtag: #LondonBridge

No problems reported on East London Line.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Snazy

24-07-2013 03:15 PM

Was horribly busy on Overground following those delays. I sat a few trains out, I cant get on a really busy train lol.
Yesterday was nasty too with no ventilation working in the LOG trains. Hope this evening is better or I might have to resort to driving to and from work again.

InTheForest

24-07-2013 07:13 PM

Yeah, the LOG trains seem to get very hot and stuff the minute they are busy. So much for aircon! They are nice and cool if you happen to get a quite one though.

rbmartin

25-07-2013 01:21 AM

I was on one of the packed Overground trains on Monday evening and even at Highbury & Islington, the train was packed with the air con packing up as soon as every carriage is rammed with passengers, which doesn't allow the cool air to flow down the train.

If London Bridge services are stopped at periods due to the ongoing work at the station for Thameslink, I'd be concerned about this even more, although I understand LO are adding a 5th carriage to all of their services on our line from December 2014.

squashst

25-07-2013 06:42 AM

On the Overground train a couple of evenings back I had a nice shower as the train suddenly started leaking cold water from the train ceiling - presumably aircon packing up; fortunately the train was not packed!

Snazy

25-07-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:
InTheForest
Yeah, the LOG trains seem to get very hot and stuff the minute they are busy. So much for aircon! They are nice and cool if you happen to get a quite one though.

Seems that way doesn't it. But at the same time there seems to be NO air flow at all on some trains. People reaching to the ceilings and feeling nothing. A few evening trains have been just about comfortable, but some are unbearable. I know a packed train will not be pleasant but some are beyond a joke.

nottinghillbilly

25-07-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:
I understand LO are adding a 5th carriage to all of their services on our line from December 2014.

Its all well and good LO adding a much needed extra carriage on our route
HOWEVER as someone who uses the Canada Water interchange on a daily basis to move to the Jubilee line platforms something really needs to be done as a matter of urgency about improving the access down to the lower platforms from the Northbound LO platform.
I feel it is only a matter of time before there is a serious accident on the down escalator,it only takes one person to trip for there to be serious crush related injuries.
I know people will suggest going up via the ticket hall but that isn't really a solution to the actual problem.

Sherwood

26-07-2013 08:14 AM

Really needs another escalator.

InTheForest

26-07-2013 08:31 PM

Agree, it's hopeless. Although if does seem to be the one escalator on the Tube (well, almost) where people are incapable of walking on the left. I know it's busy but they seem to manage it at other packed stations. And once the line's stopped moving, it's hard to get it started again.

Sherwood

29-07-2013 06:52 AM

They walk or run on the right when they see a train coming in!

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Olympic bell-ringing: Friday 27 July 2012 blushingsnail 5 6,818 29-07-2012 09:11 PM
Last Post: Applespider
  TV signal disruption by trains - how to fix? MightyMouse 6 12,532 25-07-2012 11:40 AM
Last Post: MightyMouse