SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Beckenham Place Park.
brian

25-05-2008 12:23 PM

I know not in SE 23 but not far away. Went there for first time for years last week. Very tranquil you would not realise in Borough of Lewisham.
There were a number of notices about potential devolpments in the Park. Seems they want to reduce golf course to 9 holes amongst other things. Can anyone please advise on following.
1. Is park fullyn under LBC control.
2. Not a lover of golf but at least golf course means greenery. What would happen to the area where the 9 holes due to go are.
3. The building is in a very sorry state.
4. Cafe like going back to the 60's. Asked for Latte go an instant with milk. Decor of cafe not just old but bad. Surely proper coffee/tea shop would be a money spinner.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sherwood

25-05-2008 02:34 PM

My recollection is that the golf course is already cramped with 18 holes!

Park may or may not be under LBL control. It has been varying for about 11 years!
I think the current position is back under LBL control.

I have a vague idea that the park was left to the people of Lewisham by some landed gentry. It might be worth finding out about the terms of the will.

councillorsusanwise

27-05-2008 07:35 AM

Brian, Beckenham Place Park is under the control of LBL as we inherited it from the GLC. There are plans at the moment to improve it, and a consultation to that end is ongoing. I am sure that any outstanding legal issues have been thorughly investigated as to overiding conditions on such improvements. There would not be a reduction in greenery, as this is one of LBL's many green spaces, and as lead member for the environment, I know that I and many residents want to keep it that way. For further information on the consultation and proposed improvements, please see the LBL website.

brian

27-05-2008 09:32 AM

Thanks Susan
I am pleased that there will be no reduction of green space. Nice cafe would be a plus.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Temporary closure of Beckenham Place Park samuelsen 0 3,540 24-07-2019 10:28 AM
Last Post: samuelsen
  Beckenham Place Park Golf Course closure Wynell_Workman 5 6,028 16-10-2016 04:16 PM
Last Post: longtimegone