SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
HOP parade: are all the changes good?
lacb

08-03-2012 08:04 PM

Lillam,

I agree with you re franchise running - Budgens is a better supermarket for it IMO and am also a fan of the branch in Crofton Park.

However, I do not believe that your "chain" analysis of Lordship Lane is incorrect. There is Iceland, Londis, White Stuff, Co-op funeral care, Nicolas, Gourmet Burger Kitchen, Cafe Nero & Favorite (sic) Chicken & Ribs. To name a few off the top of my head.

I think that this shows a mix of chains and independents works well, in fact given I would welcome some (Nicolas, yes please) to Honor Oak with open arms, it could be argued that a mix works better for being so. There is certainly no "thin end of a wedge" argument to be had from one shop.

Whether one agrees with that or not, I would still prefer a parade of chain stores to a row of empty shops, or shudder, shops converted to residences. Those are the eventualities we should avoid at all costs IMO.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: HOP parade: are all the changes good? - lacb - 08-03-2012 08:04 PM