SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
HOP parade: are all the changes good?
PJT

07-03-2012 11:16 PM

I actually live on HOP and I love the ability to shop locally whenever possible. We are very fortunate to have the wonderful deli, Hills & Parkes, but there is no escaping the fact that it is expensive. We use it once a week for a treat at the weekend but have been shocked at how persistently the prices vary from week to week and it's sadly not one or two pence I'm talking about. It most definitely is geared to a certain "market" in the area but not to everyone's pockets!

We, along with many others, put in our formal objection to the Domino's planning application and were happy and relieved to see it rejected. The Old Bank restaurant was a particular favourite of my partner and I and we miss it very much. We would love to see a gastro pub or something similar take over that lovely building.

On the other hand we would both be very happy to support a Sainsbury's Local on the Parade and think it would be a very good addition to the area. I'm sorry that it will affect the smaller traders but we are all counting the pennies in our wallets/purses at the moment and supporting all these small traders gets more and more difficult.

We were very sad to hear that the Pine shop had gone - we purchased many items from there when we first moved to HOP and always enjoyed having a look round. They will be sadly missed in the street.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: HOP parade: are all the changes good? - PJT - 07-03-2012 11:16 PM