SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
HOP parade: are all the changes good?
Calm1

07-03-2012 11:53 AM

It would be disappointing if the local shopkeepers could not find ninety 'loyal' customers between them and it is these very people who would be expected to continue to support their local outlets (although I have my doubts that they would never set foot in a bright, new, well-stocked competitor). It simply does not make sense to me that these people should feel that they can dictate to the vast majority of shoppers as to their shopping options or preferences in a world where competition and choice is a good thing for the consumer and empty shops simply sour a very attractive parade.
These shops have been empty for some time and there is no suggestion that the butcher, baker or candlestickmaker are being turned away. They are simply not interested.
I would be most interested to see the numbers for and against on here and suggest a simple yes or no without dialogue would be enlightening. How about it?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: HOP parade: are all the changes good? - Calm1 - 07-03-2012 11:53 AM