SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
HOP parade: are all the changes good?
Calm1

05-03-2012 01:10 PM

In reply to Tinkerbell and Anotherjohn and anybody else who has made up their mind on the basis of limited facts (and those inaccurate) I will inform you of the exact circumstances surrounding The White Wood Shop.
The family run business has been struggling for some time. The lease which included the residentiual parts and the stable block were massively under let and a review was outstanding. Even at the old rent level, rent was six months in arrears and numerous efforts to try to assist with payment arrangements were agreed and then unfulfilled. The review was carried out by local agents with extensive experience of the market and a figure was agreed with the tenant at a level well below the value of the premises. Unfortunately , once again payments were not forthcoming.
The point arrived at which any landlord would have no option but to seek assistance from the courts to avoid the position becoming completely untenable. The tenants were fully aware of the situation, did not come to the hearing or make any representations and were given a month to pay the significant arrears to avoid forfeiture. They were unable to comply and the landlord, who incidentally has as much to do with Simon Cowell as you or I, now has empty premises which I am sure was not their desire as demonstrated by their prolonged efforts to try to assist.
This new thread once again refers to the potential Sainsbury let and I understand that a public meeting is proposed for next Monday at the Tapas Bar (?) at which all will have the opportunity to express their views whether for or against such a move. I hope everybody that attends will keep an open mind and consider the benefits to the many rather than pandering to the vested interests of the very few.
I trust this helps.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: HOP parade: are all the changes good? - Calm1 - 05-03-2012 01:10 PM