SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Missing Tortoiseshell Cat - Pebbles
Leone34

22-02-2012 11:49 AM

Our Lovely family Cat - Pebbles has been missing since Sunday 19th February, we are new to the area and having kept her inside with our older cat for a few weeks we thought it should be okay to let them out. The older cat has returned but no Pebbles and we are devastated, we have had her since she was a kitten - she is now 4, she had on a pink collar with a bell and is very TIMID and scared of people - we are devastated and our older cat and son keep calling for her....

She has a half ginger and half black face, is quite small and the rest of her is ginger, balck and white - quite distinctive looking. Our older cat has similar colourings but is a lot bigger (see picture on attachment, Pebbles is on the right hand side     )

We live on Devonshire Road near the nature reserve, please if you live near that area could you keep an eye out for her and check your sheds, garages and gardens

If there is any sightings please contact my husband Ryan on 07809 016310 or reply to my message

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kittycatdoggywoggie

22-02-2012 04:48 PM

Hope you find her soon - both kitties are gorgeous by the way.

Hope they can be reunited soon.

BarCar

22-02-2012 05:24 PM

Our neighbour found her cat which was missing for 3 weeks - it was living under a shed in a garden backing on to the railway lines. Definitely worth leafleting the area.

Leone34

22-02-2012 05:45 PM

Thanks! have not given up hope yet although she is the less streetwise of the two
We're gonna post some leaflets tonight so here's hoping....

BarCar

22-02-2012 06:42 PM
Jane_D

23-02-2012 12:55 PM

I live near Devonshire Road and will look out for Pebbles. There are quite a few recent missing moggy stories on the forum with happy endings, even after weeks of absence, so lets hope that Pebbles soon turns out to be one of them. Could you go round the nature reserve calling her - it must seem an exciting place for a cat to explore?

Leone34

23-02-2012 01:08 PM

Thanks Jane - we were thinking of going over there as the evenings are getting a bit lighter now we just weren't sure if it was open and what the opening hours were/are

I have registered her lost at Battersea...(thanks for that BarCar)

Hopefully she is somewhere over there having fun exploring her new area!

Cellar Door

23-02-2012 04:22 PM

Jane_D wrote:
Could you go round the nature reserve calling her - it must seem an exciting place for a cat to explore?

I’d be hanging out there, too, if I were a cat, Jane_D. Especially now as the weather has just been warming up a bit and all the lovely little furry field mice and their like will be coming out to play. For a cat, it must be the best live food supermarket in the area.

Hi Leone34,

Welcome aboard the SE23.com Forum. I wish we were to greet you with a happier start. Although, as Jane_D mentions, we have been reading quite a few threads recently about much loved missing cats turning up.

Many owners, like yourself, have thoughtfully been creating threads on here as part of the search.

I’d love to point you to a particular thread as it contains one of my favourite posts. Roz’s outlook on why cats sometimes go missing, I feel will help anyone stay motivated and not give up hope. I hope you might read it, if you haven’t already.

I live just off Devonshire Road. Very near to the nature reserve. This morning as I pulled my bicycle out of the garage I called out to Pebbles but, alas, she hadn’t snuck in there.

Our garage would have been a good spot as it is quite toasty with the gas boiler being an obvious draw for a cat. Then, just to prove my cat logic, out of the dark came a lovely little slender black cat who did their best to slink in there.

Good luck with the search, Leone34. As I walk and cycle around I’ll keep my eyes out for Pebbles. And I look forward to reading about you being reunited very soon.

Oh, I’d ask for anyone travelling on the trains to please take a moment to look out of the windows into the nature reserve as that is a very good vantage to maybe spot a happy, hunting feline.

Leone34

23-02-2012 06:53 PM

You were all right - we have found her Thumbsup

A neighbour has just called as he saw both of them playing together next to where we live

Thank you all so much for your kind messages and reassurance - Phew i can sleep properly tonight!

Animals - they break your heart but we wouldn't live without them as part of our family

Poppy9560

23-02-2012 07:49 PM

Smile I do love a happy ending

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields