SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Buying in HOP
pinker

17-02-2012 08:06 PM

Hi all,

We are looking to buy in the Codrington Hill area of Honor Oak. We're currently on the edge of Peckham/ East Dulwich and trying to find out more about what the area's like? Is there anything that might be particularly off-putting/ surprisingly good about the area? E.g. general quality of housing, subsidence, schools, bad estates near by... etc.

Many thanks in advance.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mgmonkey

17-02-2012 08:38 PM

Hello

Here's an old thread regarding the next road down Duncombe Hill, which at the time I now see I got mixed up with Codrington Hill. I imagine most of the info is still relevant.

http://www.se23.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4854

Ta

pinker

17-02-2012 09:02 PM

Thanks very much - really helpful. All looks pretty positive too...

Poppy9560

17-02-2012 09:11 PM

I think it's a very nice area - Blythe Hill Fields is lovely. good for public transport, good butcher on Ewhurst Road, Stillness Primary School seems well thought of, no bad estates I've heard of round here

Hoppington

17-02-2012 10:41 PM

I live on Codrington Hill and love the area. It's fantastic for children with Blythe Hill but also Ladywell fields and One Tree Hill. The Ackroyd Centre is just across the road with regular playgroups, Monkey Music etc.
Well within Stillness catchment but with the option of Dalmain too. Great schools.
There are plenty of good restaurants, cafes and pubs within walking distance, many of which are child friendly. Brockley Rise is very convenient and the shops are useful with a post office, florists, dry cleaners, hairdressers, electrical shop etc. Crofton Park a short walk with a Budgens, Co Op and the lovely Butchers previously mentioned on Ewhurst.
People are very neighbourly in the area and I have never witnessed any trouble/noise on the road. Myself and my family have always felt very safe in the area. Parking right outside your house can be an issue but I always get a spot on the road. In fact, we have so much on our doorstep that we are considering selling the car as it's rarely used.
We are in a Victorian house which I love and is full of character. Subsidence wasn't noted when we had our survey carried out. Properties are quite diverse on the road though.
Transport is great into the city with the overground and regular train service to London Bridge. Gatwick is also easily reached.
PM if you would like more info but a thumbs up from me. Good luck. Thumbsup

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields